For young witches and witchlings a common question seems to be: How to Make Love Potions?
Other questions might be like
- What are potions in the first place?
- Are potions even real?
- What do all of these strange ingredients really mean?
- Where can I get them?
- Do I actually have to drink that?
- Do I have to make someone else drink that too?
There are so many different recipes out there, where do I even start, it all seems so complicated!
Well, fear not, little witches.
I have some answers!
What is Love Potion?
First of all, a Potion could be defined as a liquid mixture that is intended to have a magical effect.
Draughts and Elixirs are words synonymous with the word Potion, but are essentially the same thing.
One interesting fact that not a lot of ‘advanced’ witches seem to like to tell witchlings is that it is very possible to turn any kind of drink into a magical potion.
How to Make Love Potions at Home
One of my favorite kind of potions is a general self love and well being potion.
Homemade Love Potion #1
Ingredients or Supplies needed:
- Reusable water bottle
- Filtered water
- Full Moon Water
- Lemon: Purification, Protection, Love
- Lime: Healing, Peace, Love
- Strawberry: Love, Peace, Self Love
- Raspberry: Love, Lust, Protection
- Fill your bottle with ice and two slices of lemon, two slices of lime, two slices of strawberry and two slices of raspberry.
- Slowly add the filtered and Full Moon water.
- Put the lid on the bottle.
- Stick it in the fridge so it gets nice and cold.
- Drink up! This kind of drink is called an infused water.
Love Potions Warning
Before I move any further in the lesson, there is something I must address.
Many people seem to think it is okay to add a potion to someone’s drink of food when they aren’t looking. Or to give someone a drink that they do not know the ingredients or contents of.
It is important, especially in love spells, to get full consent and notify the person taking the potion of all known ingredients.
If you sneak a potion into someone’s drink and they are allergic to one of the ingredients this could lead to
- encephalitic shock,
- in extreme cases of allergies, death.
I cannot stress how important this is.
Do not feed someone a potion without their permission and without knowing their food allergies.
Otherwise the outcome could be very bad.
How Love Potions Work
Moving on, let’s talk about method of use.
Potions do not have to be consumed to work.
You can just as easily put the contents of a potion into a bottle and keep the bottle in a safe place, like a charm bag, only a charm bottle.
Of course, potions are originally meant to be consumed, and the best and optimal effects will be achieved by consuming it.
However safety and health comes first so if any ingredient in a potion seems questionable to you.
Just bottle it and store it instead of drinking it.
Love Potion Recipe #2
The following love potion is perhaps my favorite one, especially during the winter months.
It works really well for
- inspiring feelings of love,
- strengthening platonic and romantic relationships,
- attracting new friendships and potential loves,
- promoting a strong sense of self love.
Ingredients and Supplies needed:
- Your favorite tea, coffee or hot beverage mug
- An instant hot cocoa packet/one cup instant hot cocoa mix
- Hershey’s chocolate bar
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1 pinch of
- Ground cinnamon
- Chili powder
- 1 tsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Honey
- Almond or Coconut or Soy Milk
- 1/4 Cup Full Moon Water
- 1/4 Cup New Moon Water
- In your favorite mug, combine the milk of your choice with the Full Moon and New Moon water.
- Heat the mug up in the microwave for about thirty seconds, or until hot, or if you don’t like using a microwave, you can put the waters and milk into a pot and heat it over the stove until hot, then pour it back into the mug.
- Add the bar of chocolate and the hot cocoa mix.
- Use the cinnamon stick to stir it three times clockwise. Say aloud three times
‘To find new love, to attract old loves, to love myself’
- Now add the herbs, sugar and honey.
- Repeat step four.
- Now add the marshmallows.
- Drink up or bottle it, and enjoy!
How to Make Love Potion #3
For those of you who are wanting something a little more complex to try, you can combine a gem elixir with a love potion.
Gem elixirs are made from moon water infused with the energy of a crystal.
Many crystals are toxic or will dissolve in water, so make sure to do plenty of research before fooling around with gem elixirs.
There are only one or two crystals I actually trust to do this for, and the main one is Rose Quartz.
- Piece of tumbled Rose Quartz
- Glass Mason Jar
- Full Moon Water
- Dried Rose Petals
- Dried Hibiscus
- In the bottom of the glass jar, place the Rose Quartz crystal.
- Pour the Full Moon Water over it slowly until the jar is about 3/4 of the way full.
- Let the jar sit either in the fridge or on the counter for six to ten hours.
- The water should have turned a pretty shade of light pink. Remove the crystal.
- Add the Rose petals and Hibiscus.
- Drink up or store in a bottle.
The most important thing when making potions is safety and the health of everyone involved.
Please make sure to do proper research on any herbs, foods, or crystals you decide to use in a potion or elixir to be sure that you, or anyone else involved, are not allergic and that it would not interfere with any current medications you or you friend may be taking.
Good luck, and as always, happy witching!