Love spells that actually work exist in any witchcraft practice.
Let’s cover a bit some open practices, such as hoodoo.
It should not be confused with Santeria or Voodoo, which are closed religions as they have strong ties to African Americans, Native Americans, Afro-Cubans, and Mexicans. (Read more about Voodoo vs Hoodoo.)
It’s important to remember that when practicing witchcraft, you respect cultures with a history of oppression, as most of them have voiced their disdain at having their sacred religious practices stolen and re-purposed without consent. Some call this ‘cultural appropriation’, ‘cultural genocide’ or ‘cultural rape’.
With this in mind, let’s focus on hoodoo spells here, as hoodoo is an open practice.
Hoodoo is a magical tradition that has its ties to Voodoo and Santeria, but just like not all witches are Wiccan, not all people who practice Hoodoo are followers of Voodoo and Santeria.
Hoodoo is a practice, Voodoo and Santeria are religions.
Hoodoo Love Spells That Work
The practice of Hoodoo focuses on the use of herbs and roots, bones, poppets, animal organs and other parts, as well as your own personal energy and power.
It is extremely popular in New Orleans and the southern United States, and is a mixture of Native American, African and Jewish magical practices.
In Hoodoo a spell or talisman is called a ‘trick’.
One very popular charm in the practice of Hoodoo is the ‘gris gris’ (pronounced gree-gree) or ‘mojo’ bag.
These kinds of charms, talismans and spells are known to be very powerful and have very fast, very real, and very tangible effects.
In my experience, they really do work.
I make gris gris bags and poppets for many of my spells, and when I do, there is always a quick or immediate result.
Many witches tend to steer clear of Hoodoo practices, since they are infamous for their use of bodily fluids and animal parts.
They will almost always require some kind of hard-to-find ingredient and to be buried in your subject/victim’s yard.
Many spells often require the use of graveyard dirt, which is another thing many witches tend to steer clear of.
So just keep these things in mind if you decide you want to give Hoodoo a shot.
All of this being said and considered, let’s get started!
2 Love Spells That Actually Work
I am going to introduce 2 Hoodoo love rituals that are known to really work and are very powerful.
I tried to pick the simplest, easy ones I could think of so that you won’t have to go sneak into some cemetery to get your ingredients.
This first one is a jar spell that is intended to help a person to like you, fall in love with you, favor you, reconcile with you, return to you, stay with you, treat you better and see/think of you in a better light.
Ingredients and Supplies Needed for First Ritual:
- Glass Jar or a Hollowed Out Red Onion (the more eco friendly choice)
- White Sugar or Brown Sugar
- Corn Syrup or Maple Syrup
- Red or Pink Candle
- Small piece of paper
Instructions for 1st Ritual:
- Carve your lover’s name into the candle and light it. This signifies the beginning of the ritual.
- Mix your sugar, syrup and honey together in your container.
- Stir it counterclockwise four times and state aloud four things you wish to banish or dispel from you.
- Stir it clockwise four times and state four things you wish to attract to you.
- Write your subject’s full name on the piece of paper and burn it on the candle’s flame.
- Add the ashes to your mixture.
- Stir clockwise again and repeat their name four times as you stir. (Example, ‘Jane Kate Doe, come to me. Jane Kate Doe, see me. Jane Kate Doe, like me. Jane Kate Doe, love me.’)
- Seal your jar with wax from the candle, and either store the jar under your bed, or if you chose to use the onion, bury it in your front yard or in a flower pot.
For the second ritual, it will require you to take a bath. Stressful, I know. It really works, though. Please note this spell is more likely to be successful if you wish to attract a new lover. It can still work with reconciliation, but in my experience it’s not as strong.
Ingredients or Supplies needed:
- Glass Jar
- Coffee Filter
- Rose petals
- Epsom Salt
- Lavender or Apple Incense
- Pink or Red Candle
- Stationary, an Envelope and a Red or Pink Pen
Instructions for 2d Ritual:
- Cut your coffee filter into a large rectangle.
- Take your coffee filter and lay it flat. Put one teaspoon of each of the herbs listed above into the center of the filter.
- Lengthwise, fold the sides of the filter over into the middle so that they just slightly overlap.
- Then, placing your finger in the middle, fold the two sides up on each other.
- Fold the top down and staple it. You should have something that looks like a giant tea bag.
- Light your incense and your candle and place near the bathtub.
- Draw a hot bath and drop your giant tea bag in it. Let it steep until the water becomes warm enough for you to get in.
- Add your epsom salts to the bath.
- Soak in the bath for about 15-20 minutes.
- Save some of the used bath water in a jar or container.
- While it’s best to do this still naked from the bath, if you feel uncomfortable with that you can get dressed, compose a letter on your stationary describing what you want. What kind of lover, what you wish to take place, how you would meet, if you get married, if you have children, if you live together, etc, etc.
- Dip your finger into the jar of bath water and touch it to all four corners of the letter.
- Fold the letter and place it in the envelope. Repeat number twelve for the envelope.
- Seal the envelope with wax from the burning candle and ashes from the incense.
- You can either place the letter under your bed or bury it at a crossroads.
- Take the jar of remaining bath water to a crossroads and toss it over your left shoulder. When leaving, do not look back.
Think First Before Using Spells for Love
Remember that these spells are very powerful and in my experience, do work!
So please consider your motivations before performing them.
- Are your requests reasonable?
- Are your intentions good?
- Is your whole heart in it?
All magic must be very intentional and done with purpose, so keep that in mind when casting spells.
May you have all the luck in the world on your magical journey!