Many witches will ask, ‘Are there voodoo love spells that work? How long do they take? Is this for real?’
To which my response is always, ‘Well, unless you’ve been initiated by a Voodoo priest, you will never get to find out.’
Because Voodoo is a closed religion.
Do Voodoo Love Spells Work?
To answer those questions, yes, Voodoo love spells do work, and they work fast.
But, since they’re off limits unless you’re an accepted member of that religion, I will instead cover more Hoodoo spells and rituals in this article, and their inner workings.
Voodoo Love Spells That Work? Use Hoodoo Instead
Hoodoo is a practice that often involves the use of bodily fluids, candles, herbs, roots, minerals and animal products such as fur, bones, organs, etc.
It’s definitely a practice that involves a strong stomach if you’re planning on delving into the more complex rituals.
In this post about Hoodoo love spells I list some that are more beginner level, so refer to that if you want to see those.
Here, I will try to still keep it simple, but since some of the ingredients are harder to come by, I’m going to classify them as an intermediate level of ritual/spell.
Ingredients and Supplies Needed:
- Graveyard Dirt
- Two Whole Mandrake Roots
- Full Moon Water
- Rose Essential Oil
- Bowl, preferably ceramic or glass
Instructions for Ritual 1:
- On one Mandrake root, carve your full name.
- On the other Mandrake root, carve your subject’s full name.
- In a bowl, mix your full moon water, rose essential oil and a pinch of graveyard dirt.
- Stir the mixture with your finger four times clockwise, each time imagining that your subject is being pulled towards you and is falling hopelessly head over heels in love with you.
- Visualize a bright, burst of red energy erupting from the tip of your finger and into the water, charging it with your deep longing and emotions.
- Place the Mandrake roots in the water and allow them to soak for four minutes. In this way you are uniting you and your subject in a deep and passionate love.
- Bury the roots and water mixture either in your backyard or your subject’s yard.
Love Spell Ritual 2
This next one requires you to get a little messy! It’s fun, though, I promise.
The ingredients vary depending on which season you cast the spell in, and what moon phase it is.
It is always better to cast a love spell during either a full moon or a new.
Full Moons are a good time for realizing dreams, and New Moons are a good time for new beginnings.
So either will make help supercharge your ritual with the corresponding energy.
Ingredients and Supplies needed:
- If performing this during the fall or winter: a pumpkin
- If performing during the spring or summer: a watermelon
- Carving tools or a knife
- Full Moon Water or New Moon Water
- Brown Sugar
- Rose Petals
- A Whole Ginger Root
- A Stick of Cinnamon
Instructions for Ritual 2:
- Hollow out the fruit of your choice.
- Pour your water, sugar, honey and syrup into the hollowed out fruit.
- On the outside of the fruit, on one side carve your full name lightly into the surface, and on the other side carve your subject’s full name lightly into the surface.
- Drop your rose petals into the mixture inside the fruit.
- Stir it four times clockwise to draw your subject to you and sweeten their affections for you.
- Stir it four times counterclockwise to banish any thoughts they may have of being unfaithful or any negative emotions they may be harboring towards you.
- Drop it the ginger root, this symbolizes your subject.
- Stir the mixture again with the cinnamon stick, which symbolizes you. Stir four times clockwise, four times counterclockwise. At this point, charge the cinnamon stick and the water with your energy and intentions.
- Drop the cinnamon stick into the mixture.
- Bury the fruit in your backyard.
Love Spell Ritual 3
The next one is what we in the hoodoo world call a Gris Gris (pronounced gree-gree) charm bag.
It’s very simple and a lot of fun to make!
It works immediately and lasts for as long as you keep the bag.
Ingredients and supplies needed:
- A square cloth, pink or red in color
- A piece of thread, pink or red in color
- Rose Petals
- Rose Quartz beads
- Amethyst beads
- Quartz crystal beads
- Red glitter or pink glitter
- Something that represents the subject, such as a photo or their full name written on paper
- Something that represents you, such as a photo or your full name written on paper
Instructions for Ritual 3:
- In the center of the cloth, place all the objects.
- As you place each one, say aloud a wish you have regarding you and your subject’s relationship and emotions.
- Fold the cloth over in itself and tie it with the thread.
- Hold the bag in your palm and charge it with your passion and longing and love.
- Keep the charm bag in your pillowcase or under your bed.
As always, remember to practice safe hexing!
Clear intentions are very important to getting the results and outcome you desire.
It’s always better to perform a spell or ritual on a subject who may already have feelings, but it will work none the less.
The amount of energy you pour into the ritual also determines how quickly the spell takes hold. So the more energy, the faster it will work.